Thursday 23 March 2017

Awesomely Artistic Thank You Card

One of the new SU! stamp sets I got recently was the 'Awesomely Artistic' set and I got to ink it up a few days ago.  I came across this lovely card on Pinterest that appealed to me immediately and I saved it to CASE.  I thought the 'Awesomely Artistic' set would be a perfect substitution for the 'Avant Garden' set used on the original card.  When I CASE a card most times I will Copy And Selectively Edit.  This time, as well as using an alternative stamp set, I used a different colour scheme and added a few details of my own.

The card base was made with Soft Suede CS and all the stamping was done with Soft Suede ink.  The smaller stitched square shape behind the white square was die cut from Crumb Cake CS.  I attached a strip of burlap ribbon and stamped the lace border before adhering the white panel to the front of the card.  The MISTI is brilliant for ensuring perfect stamp placement and I used it to stamp the sentiment and the lace border - plus a double lace border on the front of the envelope.  I tucked the two white die cut leaves behind the white square, glued the two stitched square shapes together and popped the whole shape up.  I stamped the round image, punched it out with a 1" circle punch, popped it up and added two rhinestone jewels to complete the card front.


Here's how I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  For the envelope, I stamped the flower cluster in stamped off once Soft Suede ink, cut it out with a circle punch, glued it to a larger Soft Suede circle and popped up the stamped and punched round image.  I like the mix of pretty and rustic on this card!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Awesomely Artistic', 'Rose Wonder' & 'Delicate Details' sets
CS: SU! Soft Suede, Crumb Cake & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits & 'Flourish' Thinlits die sets, assorted circle punches, MISTI
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Burlap Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals



Ruth




No comments:

01 09 10