Sunday 19 March 2017

High Tide Lighthouse Card

The SU! High Tide set, a lovely two step scene building set, has been in my craft room for a few weeks and I finally found time to have a play with it.  The lighthouse is such a stunning image!

I stamped the sandbank in Sahara Sand, the grasses in Always Artichoke, the sea in Marina Mist, the light beams in So Saffron and the birds, sentiment and lighthouse were stamped using Dapper Denim ink.  I stamped the lighthouse first, then the sandbank and then I masked the sides of the lighthouse to stamp the sea.  I'm so chuffed that I was able to position the sentiment so that the word 'LIGHT' appears on top of the light beam!  I trimmed the white panel, matted it onto a layer of Dapper Denim CS and adhered the layer to the front of a So Saffron A6 sized card base.  I stamped the lighthouse again, fussy cut it and popped it up for a bit of dimension - so no need for the masking, but I didn't plan on popping up a fussy cut lighthouse at that time!  I applied some shimmer to the sea using the clear Wink of Stella pen.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I've performed surgery on the the gulls stamp - I've cut the stamp in two so that the large gulls are separated from the small gulls.  It will be easy enough to mount the two together on a clear block if I want to stamp the large and small gulls together.


This is not a stamp set I'll reach for if I need to whip up a card in a hurry.  I like to take my time with a two step stamping set and patience is certainly rewarded.  It's a very well designed stamp set with lovely images.  A good set for masculine cards too!   

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'High Tide' set
CS: SU! So Saffron, Dapper Denim & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, So Saffron & Dapper Denim
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die set, circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! clear Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals







No comments:

01 09 10