Tuesday 21 March 2017

Sugarplum & Razzleberry Window Box Card & Gift Box

Time for a new look on the blog!  I've chosen a fresh, clean and simple look which will better suit web surfing on smartphones and tablets.  Leonardo da Vinci said: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - I'm not going to argue with a genius!

Today I'm sharing the card and gift box I gave to Eileen at Wilko for her birthday.  I made this card and box previously and this time I wanted to make some changes.  I used the same DSP pack, 'Blooms & Bliss' but I used Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry papers and matching cardstocks.

Here are the card and gift box together.


Here is just the card.  I glued patterned paper to a layer of Rich Razzleberry CS, added the ribbon and adhered the panel to the front of a 5 1/2" square Sweet Sugarplum card base.  I die cut two hexagons, one from Whisper White Thick CS and a second from Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper.  I die cut the intricate floral design from the white hexagon, glued the sparkly Sweet Sugarplum hexagon behind and popped the shape up onto a larger Rich Razzleberry CS hexagon.   I popped up the stamped and die cut sentiment label, added large Rich Razzleberry punched photo corners and sprinkled on a few rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


Another of my new SU! goodies makes an appearance on the front of the envelope.  I used dies from the 'Timeless Tags' Thinlits die set to create a name label for the front of the envelope.  


Here's just the gift box.  I popped up the hexagon on the top of the box and added a sentiment banner.  After adhering the square panels to the sides of the box I wrapped a length of Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon round the box and attached it with a piece of tape.  I covered the join with a die cut flower with a brad in the centre.  I also added a ribbon pull to the front of the box top.

The patterned paper I used has a design of tiny four petal flowers so I used a four petal flower cut using the SU! 'Floral Fusion' Sizzlits die.  I used a Build A Brad to decorate the centre of the flower.  So a real mix of brand new items and some older items that have been in my stash for many years!


Here's a view of the top of the box.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink, heat embossed it with white embossing powder and a rhinestone jewel to dot the i in birthday was the final finishing touch.  I think these hexagonal gift boxes are a great size, perfect to put all kinds of pressies in!  My gift box held a round 75g tin of Waitrose Garden Bergamot & Jasmine Hand & Nail Therapy which I wrapped in tissue paper first.  I chose that specifically to match the other garden items I'd bought for Eileen - and because it was the perfect size to go inside the gift box!


I am very happy to report that Eileen loved the card, gift box and pressies and she wrote me a very sweet thank you card - so warm fuzzies all round!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Birthday Blossoms' set
CS: SU! Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White (regular & thick), Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP
Ink: VersaMark & SU! Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! 'Window Box' & 'Timeless Tags' Thinlits dies sets, SU! 'Floral Fusion' Sizzlits die, SU! 'Photo Corners' punch, Sizzix 'Hexagon' Framelits die set. Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Build A Brad, white embossing powder, Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10