Tuesday 23 May 2017

Jar Of Flowers Thanks Card

I've not had much time for crafting and blogging in the past few weeks plus a nasty virus laid me low for a while.  Thankfully I'm much better now and it's great to be back in my craft room making cards!

The two step flowers from the SU! 'Jar of Love' set are so pretty, I love them!  For ages I've been wanting to create a jar of flowers card using the set and I finally made one.  I used Island Indigo CS for the A6 card base and the mat layer is Soft Sky CS.  I used a mix of first and second generation stamping for the stems, leaves and flowers.  I stamped the jar in Early Espresso ink and popped that up after die cutting the shape.  I stamped quite a few flowers and leaves, die cut them and then had lots of fun arranging my 'bouquet'!  I added three rhinestone jewels after I'd stamped the sentiment for that all important touch of sparkle.


Here's the inside of the card and the back of the envelope.  There are some sweet accessories in the 'Jar of Love' stamp set - like a burlap strip and a twine bow - I just had to try them out and I loved the finished look.  I stamped the 'For You' sentiment on the burlap strip and popped the jar up on the envelope flap.  I had some flowers left over so I added a couple of flowers to the bottom of the jar and placed a few inside next to the sentiment.   


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Jar of Love' & 'Simply Sketched' sets
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Soft Sky & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP
Ink: SU! Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride & Rose Red
Tools: SU! 'Everyday Jars' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10