Thursday 25 May 2017

New Home Card

This was a very belated housewarming card and gift for my friend Nicola who works at Wilko.  I was in Home Sense a couple of months ago and saw this lovely house shaped mirrored tealight holder which I thought would make a perfect housewarming gift.  I bought it home and placed it on a shelf in my craft room to remind me to make a card to go along with the gift.  Weeks and weeks later I finally got around to making the card!

I popped up the Memory Box 'Brevilla Houses' die cut - I love that the little doors open!  The words are from the MFT 'Label Maker Sentiments' stamp set.  I added a pop of red with three tiny punched hearts.


I used various images from the Penny Black 'Embellishments' stamp set to decorate inside the card and the envelope.  This is the inside of the card.


Here is the envelope.


As well as the tealight holder I bought a box of scented tealights and I wrapped both in tissue paper and placed them in a cellophane bag.  I made a tag and attached it to the bag with baker's twine.


Here's a closer look at the tag.  I love the subtle detail of the stitching!


Honestly, I MUST try harder to get things made in a more timely manner!

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT 'Label Maker Sentiments' set, 'With Love' from SU! 'Field Flowers' set, Penny Black 'Embellishments' set, Woodware 'A Gift for You'
CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White (thick & regular)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Memory Box 'Brevilla Houses' die, SU! 'Layering Squares' & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, small hearts punched from SU! 'Owl Builder' punch
Embellishments & accessories: red & white baker's twine, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10