Thursday 26 April 2018

Another Inked Background Lace & Butterfly Birthday Card

At our last card group meeting we made this card using a cut out panel placed over the top of an inked background.


During the afternoon I wondered how a black shadow piece would look so I die cut the lace panel in black CS and placed it behind the white lace panel, slightly offset, and I really liked the effect.  A few days ago I got round to getting inky and completing the card.  I stepped this card up a wee bit by adding some pastel gems.  I've had the Doodlebug gems in my stash for donkey's years and I thought they were the perfect accent to complement the inked background!


Here's the inside and the envelope of the new card.



Here's the two cards side by side for a comparison.  Hmmm, I'm not sure I can pick a definite favourite, I like both!


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'Happy Birthday' set, inside sentiment from a set included in the SU! 'Lots of Happy' card kit
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Black Soot, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry & Salty Ocean Distress Inks
Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media #2' die set, Memory Box 'Isabella' & 'Pippi' butterfly dies, SU! 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die set, Inkylicious ink duster brushes
Embellishments & accessories: Doodlebug pastel gems, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10