Saturday 14 April 2018

Birthday Cake Card

I've been eyeing up the SU! 'Icing on the Cake' stamp set for some time, I thought it would be a fun set to use and I succumbed and ordered it.  I've recently received my SU! Stamparatus and I reckoned this set would be a great one to use to try out the Stamparatus.  My first impressions are very favourable indeed, it's so easy to use and I got fabulous results - I'm one happy stamper!

SU! are doing a colour refresh this year and Flirty Flamingo - which will retire as an In Colour - will be coming back as part of the core colour collection.  That prompted me to use Flirty Flamingo for my birthday cake card and I paired it with Lemon and Lime Twist.  Here's the card and the envelope front together.


Here's just the card front.  For the roses I stamped the solid background images in Powder Pink ink and the detail images in Flirty Flamingo ink.  For the leaves I used Lemon Lime Twist ink for the solid background images and Old Olive ink for the detail images.  After fussy cutting the leaves and roses, I curled up the leaves a bit, glued them to the white panel and popped up the roses.


Here's the inside of the card and the back flap of the envelope.  After I'd stamped a sentiment and a few lines of icing detail on a Whisper White panel I inked the edges with Flirty Flamingo ink using a sponge dauber.  I stamped the shell icing image twice and glued the sentiment panel over the top.  The rose on the envelope flap is popped up.  A happy and fun set to use for sure!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Icing on the Cake' set
CS: SU! Flirty Flamingo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive & Powder Pink
Tools: SU! Stamparatus, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth




No comments:

01 09 10