Thursday 13 June 2019

Birds 80th Birthday Card

The 'Bird Ballad' suite of products in the new SU! annual catalogue really appealed to me as soon as I saw them and I just had to purchase the stamp set, dies and DSP!  I wanted to make an 80th birthday card for my friend Jan and I thought these beautiful products would be ideal to use.  I love mixing my brand new goodies with older, retired goodies and I was pleased with the ensemble of a card, envelope and a matching treat bag that I created!  Here they are.


Here's just the card and envelope.


I took the colour combo of Petal Pink, Pool Party and Soft Suede from the colours in the 'Bird Ballad' DSP and created a 5 3/4" square easel card.  I stamped and die cut the 80 numbers, stacking a few numbers together to get some nice dimension.  I embossed the strip of Pool Party CS using a 'Feathers' embossing folder - perfect to go with the birdie theme!  I had to use the 'Warmest Wishes on your birthday' stamp as I know it's Jan's favourite birthday sentiment stamp!


I used a mixture of SU! Stampin' Blends and Promarker alcohol markers to colour the birds, branch and flowers.  I stamped the images in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I stamped, coloured and fussy cut three flowers and added those to the branch. Here's a closer look at the image panel.  I popped up the layered panel on Dimensionals.


Here's the bottom of the card with a sentiment panel.  I've used lovely sentiments from the retired SU! 'Birthday Blooms' set.


Here's the envelope I made using the Envelope Punch Board and the gorgeous feathers paper from the 'Bird Ballad' DSP pack. 


One of the gifts I bought for Jan was a gift card which came on a carrier card.  I didn't want to just present that as it was so I used the retired SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' die set to make a gift card holder.  I punched a slot in the card carrier and added some Pool Party ruffled ribbon so Jan could pull the gift card from the bag.


What a happy time I had in my craft room creating these for my friend's milestone birthday!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Free as a Bird', 'Number of Years', 'Blooming with Kindness' & 'Birthday Blooms' sets, ??? 'Happy Birthday' stamp
CS: SU! Petal Pink, Pool Party, Soft Suede & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Bird Ballad' DSP
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, selection of SU! Stampin' Blends alcohol markers, selection of Promarker alcohol markers
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Nested Labels', 'Large Numbers' & 'Mini Treat Bag' die sets, Envelope Punch Board, Crafts Too 'Feathers' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ruffled ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10