Saturday 15 June 2019

Floral Happy Birthday Gap Card

I've recently purchased a few Stampin' Up! Stampin' Blends alcohol markers and I was keen to have a go.  I only bought a few colours as I thought I'd try them out first to see how I got on with them before deciding if I want to start a collection.

Last year I made this gap card and I chose to CASE the card.  I thought the floral image from the SU! 'Southern Serenade' set would be perfect to colour using the Stampin' Blends!  The gap card measures 5 3/4" square and my colour combo is Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black and Whisper White.  I stamped the scrap of lace image from the 'Southern Serenade' set as a background onto a piece of Whisper White thick CS using stamped off once Daffodil Delight ink - it's very subtle!  I stamped the floral image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I added colour to the flowers and leaves using Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends markers.  After stamping the sentiment I added a punched butterfly with a few rhinestone jewels.


Here's a side view of the card.  The stamped panel bridges the gap I cut from the card base.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I stamped the lace image in stamped off once Flirty Flamingo ink on opposite corners.  I added the Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon,  popped up the Flirty Flamingo die cut oval and added a punched butterfly at the bottom.  I used circle punches for the decorative element on the envelope flap.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Southern Serenade' set, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green & Whisper White (thick & regular)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, SU! Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo & Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends alcohol markers
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shapes' die set, SU! 'Butterfly Duet & circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10