Wednesday 12 June 2019

June 2019 Card Group Cards

We got together for our June card group meeting last Thursday and it was a smaller gathering than usual as a few ladies couldn't make it but we had a fun afternoon nevertheless!  As usual I designed three cards for the ladies to make.

The first card is a CASEd version of a card from page 137 of the SU! 2018 - 2019 annual catalogue, I really liked the card design as soon as I saw it.  It's taken me a while to get round to making the card though as I've only just recently got the SU! 'Swirly Frames' stamp set.  To me CASE means 'Copy And Selectively Edit' and with this card I've made a couple of edits - I've embossed the Pear Pizzazz panel with the 'Subtle' embossing folder and I've glued die cut stamped frame squares to the embossed panel.  I've cut the 'With much love and thanks' sentiment stamp apart and just used part of the sentiment for my card.  The white leaf squares are popped up on Dimensionals.


 I love the texture the 'Subtle' embossing folder is - it really is subtle but still effective!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


A little while ago I made a dragonfly closure card for a close friend.  I so enjoyed making the card and I thought my card group ladies would enjoy it too.  It's something a little different without being too tricky - that's always a winner with me!  For my dragonfly card I followed Rachel Tessman's instructions but for this butterfly version I've followed Jan B's instructions as it uses less patterned paper.  I used 12" x 12" sized patterned paper and to maximise the use of the paper I cut the card bases to 4" tall rather than 4 1/8" so I could get what I needed from just one sheet of the paper.


Here's the card open so you can see the aperture. 


Here's the inside and the envelope flap.


Card three also uses the SU! 'Swirly Frames' stamp set, this time a circle image.  I stamped the circle in Gray Granite ink on the front of the A6 sized card base and then cut out a circle aperture.  I stamped the sentiment, stamped and die cut the tree and leaves and then arranged the shapes around the aperture.  I think this is a lovely gender neutral design, a very useful card to have on hand.


Here's another view where you can see the cut out window aperture.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


Supplies for leafy with much love card:
Stamps: SU! 'Tropical Chic' & 'Swirly Frames' sets
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow, Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: SU! 'Tropical' & 'Layering Squares' die sets SU! 'Subtle' 3D embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for butterfly closure card:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Gala' set, AlteNew 'Birthday Builder' set, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' set
CS: SU! Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide & Whisper White 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tranquil Textures' DSP
Ink: SU! Tranquil Tide
Tools: SU! 'Butterflies', 'Bold Butterfly' & 'Petals & More' die sets, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set, SU! 'Butterfly Duet' punch
Embellishments & accessories: silver sequins


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature', 'Swirly Frames' & 'Flourishing Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Whisper White thick
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Gray Granite & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' & 'Layering Circles' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10