Thursday 14 June 2018

Happy Birthday Friend Gap Card

This is a gap card I made for a friend's birthday featuring the lovely SU! 'Southern Serenade' stamp set and the water stamping technique.  I applied Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks to a piece of Whisper White thick CS using ink duster brushes.  I spritzed the SU! 'Burlap' background stamp liberally with water, pressed the stamp to the inked panel and then used my heat tool to dry the panel.  I stamped the lace strip, floral image and sentiment, trimmed the panel to size and matted it onto a black layer.  I used ProMarkers to colour in the floral image and added three die cut and embossed butterflies.

I made a 5 3/4" square Flirty Flamingo card base, cut away a piece from the card front, trimmed that to the size I wanted, added black CS border strips to my card front pieces and bridged the gap by popping up the image panel over the two card front pieces. 


Here's a side view of the gap card so you can see how the card is put together.



Here's a closer look at the water stamped panel.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap featuring the gorgeous scrap of lace stamp from the 'Southern Serenade' stamp set.


I was looking for something in my embellishments stash and came across a few resin roses that I'd completely forgotten about.  They match beautifully with Flirty Flamingo so one was perfect to dress up the butterfly on the envelope front!  I popped up the name label to finish.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Southern Serenade' set, SU! 'Burlap' background stamp, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick & Black Soot Distress Inks, ProMarkers
Tools: Inkylicious ink duster brushes, SU! 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die, SU! 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die set, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip- Its #2' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: black & white gingham ribbon, resin rose, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10