Monday 18 June 2018

Baby Girl Easel Card

A very rare make for me - a baby card!  This was made for someone I work with who has just become a new father.

I've used Pretty in Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Gray and Whisper White as my colour combo.  Oh, my giddy aunt, it was so tough to get this pram die to cut out completely, it gave me forty fits! The Flirty Flamingo shape cut out but the intricate bits stayed in the die cut shape which actually worked in my favour as I was then able to adhere the Pretty in Pink die cut pram over the top.  It took a LOT of effort (and swearing!) to get the Pretty in Pink die cut but I was happy with the completed pram once it was done!

I stamped the sentiment, popped up the pram and added rhinestone jewels to the wheels.  I added a strip of silver mini sequin trim and finished off the panel with some stamped and punched buttons.  I haven't used the SU! 'Button, Button' set for ages but I just can't part with it!  I punched plain white circles and stacked a few together before gluing the stamped button circle on the top so the buttons have some dimension.  I added some organza ribbon and popped up the die cut sentiment panel to act as a stop for the easel.


Here's a closer look at the image panel.


Here's the white panel I adhered to the bottom of the easel card.  The very cute baby feet stamp was lent to me by my sweet friend Lesley - I stamped it using stamped off once Flirty Flamingo ink and stamped the 'congrats to you' over the top in Basic Gray ink.  I couldn't resist stamping some more buttons!


And yet more buttons on the envelope flap!


Here's the front of the envelope with a name banner and a baby bottle.  The sentiment and bottle dies in the die set were much easier to work with than the pram die, thank goodness!


Aside from the issue with the dastardly, difficult die I really did enjoy creating this card, it made a lovely change!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Button, Button' & 'Tin of Cards' sets, Personal Impressions 'Everyday Messages' set, All Night Media 'Baby Feet'
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Gray & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo & Basic Gray
Tools: First Edition 'Baby' die set, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' die set, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10