Wednesday 20 June 2018

Flower Trio Little Thanks Card

I took the opportunity to try out some new SU! supplies - Gorgeous Grape CS and ink, the 'Subtle' Dynamic embossing folder and Glitter Enamel Dots - to make this thank you card for my lovely friend Lesley.  I do enjoy mixing my older supplies with new stuff though and I've inked up my fave flower from the retired SU! 'Petal Potpourri' set again.

I used Whisper White thick CS to make the A6 sized card base and for the 'Subtle' embossed panel.  I spritzed the panel with water before embossing and adhered it to the Gorgeous Grape mat layer once it had dried.  I stamped three flowers using Gorgeous Grape ink without re-inking so that I got different shades of purple and I stamped a flower using Granny Apple Green ink and snipped a few petals out for leaves.  I punched out the flowers, snipped between the petals, shaped the flowers and popped them up.  I stamped the flower centres onto So Saffron CS using Crushed Curry ink, punched them out with a 1/2" circle punch, popped the centres up and added the Glitter Enamel Dots.  I stamped the sentiment, cut that out with the oh, so useful, label die from the SU! 'Petals & More' die set, gave it a bit of a curl and glued it in place.


The 'Subtle' embossing folder is very well named, it does give a subtle texture but I really like it - it makes plain CS look like textured CS, similar to what Bazzill CS was like.  Perfect to add just a little something, a hint of understated texture to a project.  I want to try embossing a stamped image with the folder and see how that turns out.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap.  I stamped the pretty label image in Gorgeous Grape ink onto Highland Heather CS, punched that out with the 'Pretty Label' punch, stamped the 'You're the Best' and cut that out using a 1 1/4" circle punch and popped the circle up. 


Elegant Eggplant is a firm fave of mine and I'm not 100% convinced yet about Gorgeous Grape - maybe it will grow on me!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Potpourri', 'One Big Meaning' & 'Label Me Pretty' sets
CS: SU! Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, So Saffron & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: SU! Crushed Curry, Gorgeous Grape & Granny Apple Green
Tools: SU! 'Subtle' 3D Dynamic embossing folder, 'Pretty Label' punch, 1/2" & 1 1/4" circle punches, 'Petals & More' Thinlits die set, water spritzer bottle
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10