Saturday 2 June 2018

Waterfront Friendship Easel Card

Here is an easel card I've made for a very good friend using the wonderful SU! 'Waterfront' stamp set.  I've used Night of Navy, Pool Party and Whisper White as my colour combo and the card measures 5 1/2" square.

I cut a 3 1/4" square of watercolour paper and worked from the bottom up to stamp my scene.  After stamping the sea, ground and grass I went over the stamping with an Aquapainter.  I inked the sun stamp with Crushed Curry ink and added Calypso Coral ink round the edge using a sponge dauber and masked the grass before I stamped the sun.  For the palm tree tops I inked in Lemon Lime Twist ink and added Garden Green ink round the edges - again using a sponge dauber.  After I'd stamped the beach huts and my scene was complete I added a light wash of Balmy Blue ink around the images using an Aquapainter to create a sky.  I embossed a strip of Pool Party CS with the SU! 'Seaside' embossing folder and I glued that in place, choosing to have the debossed side showing.  I added some Kraft Rope Trim tied in a simple knot.  I popped up the 'Everyday Label' punched shape to act as the stop for the easel.


Here's a closer look at the stamped scene panel. The palm tree tops made me think of the Simpson's character Sideshow Bob - they remind me of his hair - I know, random!   


I simply used Night of Navy and white patterned paper to decorate the panel on the bottom of the card and for the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Waterfront' & 'Labels to Love' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy, Pool Party & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Seaside' embossing folder, 'Everyday Label' & circle punches, Aquapainter, sponge daubers

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Kraft Rope Trim, Dimensionals
Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10