Saturday 13 July 2019

July 2019 Card Group Projects

We had such a lovely afternoon at our last card group get together, I'm so lucky to have a fabulous group of ladies!  You really can't beat an afternoon of crafting, fun and laughter!

Back in May I discovered the magic envelope card - blog post with link to tutorial here - and I thought it would make a great card group project.  I opted to use the SU! 'Lift Me Up' hot air balloon set and the matching 'Carried Away' patterned paper.  On my first attempt I found out that if the paper you're using has a definite direction you need to position it a certain way on the diagonal plate if you want your pattern to be the right way up on the front!  So, for the paper I used I made sure the side with the balloons was turned upside down and placed face down on the scoring plate.  The second attempt was a success!


Here's the card opened out.


Here's a closer look at the panel on the inside.


I took various patterned papers from the 'Carried Away' DSP pack and it didn't take long to discover that if the double sided paper has a directional pattern on BOTH sides, well, one pattern (either the front or the one on the inside) is going to end up upside down!  It's true to say certain papers work better than others for this type of card but I was able to substitute a couple of the papers so all was well.  A lesson learned for sure though!

The next card is a CASE of a lovely fun fold window card made by Jackie Bolhuis from Klompenstampers. I stayed pretty faithful to Jackie's original card but I changed the colour combo and didn't use baker's twine.  My colour combo is Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody, Basic Black and Whisper White.  I stamped and fussy cut the flower and leaves and glued them in place behind the aperture.  I used a journalling pen to add black ink to the centre of the flower - I love the pop!  Here's the card closed.


Here you can see the square window aperture. 


Here's another view of the card.  A card within a card is a good way to describe it I think! 


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped the sentiment and then added a stamped circle image from the SU! 'Swirly Frames' set - such a useful set!


Here's the envelope.  The flourish from the 'Flourishing Phrases' set is just so gorgeous!


The third card features the SU! 'Artisan Textures' stamp set, the 'Floral Essence' stamp set and the 'Perennial Flower' punch - plus the large rectangle frame from the 'Swirly Frames' set. I made an A6 sized Crumb Cake card base and stamped the splatter image on opposite corners using Crumb Cake ink.  The Flirty Flamingo gingham paper is from the Brights 6" x 6" DSP pack and I matted that on a strip of Early Espresso CS.  I stamped the leaves in Granny Apple Green and cut them out with the 'Leaf' punch - I snipped one leaf off when I came to arrange the images on the card.  To make the flowers I stamped the largest image in the 'Artisan Textures' set a few times in Flirty Flamingo ink, stamped the outline petals image over the top in Early Espresso ink and cut them out using the 'Perennial Flower' punch - a fab way to get coloured flowers!  I popped the flowers up on Dimensionals and added a clip embellishment with a knot of Early Espresso ribbon.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Supplies for magic envelope card:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up' set
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Carried Away' DSP
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Night of Navy & Watermelon Wonder
Tools: SU! Simply Scored & Diagonal Scoring Plate, 'Up & Away' & 'Layering Squares' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for flower window card:
Stamps: SU! 'Flourishing Phrases', 'Swirly Frames' & 'Best Yet' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay & Mango Melody, SU! Black Journalling Pen
Tools: SU! 'Layering Squares' & 'Layering Circles' die sets


Supplies for floral friendly thoughts card:
Stamps: SU! 'Artisan Textures', 'Floral Essence' & 'Swirly Frames' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Early Espresso & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Flirty Flamingo gingham from 'Brights' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Flirty Flamingo & Granny Apple Green
Tools: SU! 'Perennial Flower' & 'Leaf' punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso stitched ribbon, clip embellishment & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10