Saturday 18 May 2019

Two Butterflies Thank You Magic Envelope Cards

Recently I came across this tutorial for a magic envelope card and after I'd watched Debs' fab video I had to have a go myself!  Such a clever idea, just a few scores and folds and the magic envelope card is done!  Not a great card for having on display I suppose but it's a bit different and that's always fun - and it's a brilliant way to use up patterned paper! 

I wanted to make two thank you cards for friends who ordered the SU! 'Butterfly Gala' bundle from me and I used that bundle plus the matching SU! 'Botanical Butterfly' DSP which they both also have to make the magic envelope cards.

I have a lot of retired SU! stamps and tools in my stash and every now and then I'm just SO glad I kept a particular item.  This card uses the diagonal scoring plate for the Simply Scored and the postage stamp image from the 'Fresh Vintage' set which is just perfect for this style of card!  After stamping the postage stamp images I cut it them out with a square Stitched Shape die and mounted them on larger black squares.  I used punches to make name labels which I mounted into larger black rectangles, I punched a teeny butterfly for each label and to finish I added Glitter Enamel Dots.

Here's card one.


Here's card one opened out.


Here's a closer look at the panel inside card one. 


Here's card two.


Here's card two opened out.


Here's a closer look at the panel inside card two.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Gala' & 'Fresh Vintage'  sets
CS: SU! Highland Heather, Grapefruit Grove, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Botanical Butterfly' DSP
Ink: SU! Highland Heather, Grapefruit Grove, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! Simply Scored & diagonal scoring plate, 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die set, 'Butterfly Duet', 'Everyday Label' & 'Pretty Label' punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Glitter Enamel Dots

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10