Thursday 2 May 2019

May 2019 Card Group Projects

I can't believe how quickly this year is going by!  The time for our monthly card group meeting  rolled around again and as usual I made three cards for the ladies to make.

The first card features the SU! 'Country Floral' embossing folder alongside the 'Petal Palette' stamp set - both beautiful products!  Last month Wendy asked about inking the inside of embossing folders so I said we'd do that as a project this time.  I absolutely love this bisque pottery technique I learnt years ago from Diana Gibbs.  The retired SU! 'Vintage Wallpaper' embossing folder works wonderfully but I wanted to try a 3D Dynamic folder and I chose the 'Country Floral' folder.  I took a variety of embossing folders with me so the ladies had options!

Whenever I use the bisque pottery technique I use a large panel and I don't like to cover up the design too much.  My colour combo is Lovely Lipstick, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla.  I brayered the inside of the folder with Crumb Cake ink, embossed the Very Vanilla panel, added a strip of Lovely Lipstick CS and adhered it to the front of the card.  I stamped the images and sentiment, die cut them and popped them all up.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave is such an inspirational card maker, I love her style, warmth and sense of humour!  Dena has a series called 'Simple to Stunning Sundays' where she makes a simple card, then steps it up a bit for a second card and then steps it up even more for a third card.  I loved the cards Dena made with the 'Rooted in Nature' set and I've CASEd the third card.  I glued a panel of SU! 'Wood Textures' DSP to the front of an Old Olive C6 sized card base.  I inked the tree canopy in Old Olive ink, used a Soft Suede marker to add colour to the tree trunk and die cut the tree.  I stamped the leaves onto the strip of wood textured paper using stamped off once Early Espresso ink, stamped the sentiment in full strength Early Espresso ink, added some Old Olive linen thread and popped the strip up.  I also popped the tree up.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap.


A little while ago I made this thank you card and I liked how it turned out so decided to use it as a card group project.  I've used SU! Grapefruit Grove, a new colour to me and I'm not usually a fan of orange but this is a pretty colour!  I do love the pop of black on this card!  The card base measures 5 1/4" square, it's been a while since we made a square card at card group.  

I've always loved Stampin' Up!'s two-step stamping flower sets but they require the use of a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp placement tool which strikes dread into the heart of a lot of my ladies!  The flower and leaf stamps in the SU! 'Roses in Winter' stamp set are of a more abstract design so you don't need 100% perfect placement so there's no need for a stamp positioning tool.  I stamped the first layer of the rose using stamped off once Grapefruit Grove ink, stamped the second layer using full strength Grapefruit Grove ink and the third layer using full strength Watermelon Wonder ink.  I used stamped off once and full strength Granny Apple Green ink for the leaves.  I fussy cut the rose and leaves, glued the leaves behind the rose and popped it up. I stamped the sentiment, cut the words out using scissors and glued them to the card.  To finish the front I added three silver nailheads.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  To echo the gingham paper on the front of the card I've used a retired SU! 'Gingham' wheel stamp to decorate the inside and envelope.  I was always challenged using wheel stamps as wheels so I unmounted them from the rollers and mounted them on cling foam so I can use them as normal cling stamps!  I used the Stamparatus to stamp the gingham image so that if part of the design was missed it would be easy to repeat stamp to get a complete image.  I stamped directly to the front of the envelope but for the inside of the card I stamped on a strip of Whisper White CS, trimmed the strip to size and glued it in place.  I added a stamped and punched sentiment label to complete the inside of the card.


Supplies for Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Palette' set
CS: SU! Lovely Lipstick, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Lovely Lipstick & Crumb Cake
Tools: SU! 'Petals & More' Thinlits die set, 'Country Floral' 3D Dynamic embossing folder, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for tree Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Rooted in Nature'  & 'Southern Serenade' sets, Stampendous 'Sending Wishes'
CS: SU! Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Wood Textures' 6" x 6" DSP stack
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Early Espresso, SU! Soft Suede marker
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive linen thread, Dimensionals


Supplies for rose Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Roses in Winter' set, inside sentiment from SU! 'Lots of Happy' card kit, MFT 'Label Maker Sentiments' set, SU! 'Gingham' wheel stamp
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Gingham Gala' 6" x 6" DSP stack
Ink: SU! Grapefruit Grove, Granny Apple Green & Watermelon Wonder, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! Stamparatus, 'Everyday Label' punch, circle punch,
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals, silver nailheads

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10