Monday 20 May 2019

Floral 80th Birthday Greetings Card

One of the ladies from my card group, Sue, celebrated her 80th birthday recently and this is the card I made for her.  Sue is SO lovely and I was absolutely amazed to find out she was 80 this year, I was convinced Val was winding me up when she told me!  My card group ladies are all fabulous and young at heart!

Here's the card and envelope together.


The card measures 5 3/4" square and I used Lovely Lipstick, Lemon Lime Twist and black as the colour combo.  I've based the design on this 50th birthday card I made a while back.  I stamped a subtle burlap background using Antique Linen Distress Ink and I stamped the ginkgo leaves in Lemon Lime Twist ink.  The flowers are from the SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' two-step stamping set and I stamped the solid backgrounds in stamped off twice Lovely Lipstick ink and the detailed images in full strength Lovely Lipstick ink.  After fussy cutting the flowers I shaped them a bit and glued them in place.  I die cut a stack of Whisper White '80' numbers, finishing with a gingham patterned 80, I inked the edges with Lemon Lime Twist ink and glued the numbers to a black scalloped square.  I stamped the 'TH', stamped and punched the sentiment banner and popped the black square up.


Here's the inside of the card.


I used pretty Lemon Lime Twist patterned paper from the SU! 'Fresh Florals' DSP pack to make an envelope.


Here's the front of the envelope.  I wrapped some black ribbon around the strip of Lovely Lipstick CS before adhering the strip to the envelope.  I added a faceted gem to the knot for a bit of glitz, popped up the label and added two flowers to complete the project.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms', 'Memorable Moments', 'Birthday Blooms' & 'Wetlands' sets, MFT 'Burlap Background', PTI 'Harvest Berries' set
CS: SU! Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Gingham Gala' 6" x 6" DSP pack, SU! 'Fresh Floral' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Lemon Lime Twist, Lovely Lipstick & Basic Black Archival, Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: SU! 'Large Numbers' Framelits die set, SU! 'Rose Trellis' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Banner' Triple punch, Envelope Punch Board, Stamparatus, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! black ribbon, clear faceted gem, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10