Wednesday 24 April 2019

Gingham & Roses Thank You Card

This is the card I made to say thank you to a friend for my birthday gift.  I know she likes purple so I chose to use the Highland Heather gingham paper from the SU! 'Gingham Gala' DSP pack, it's so pretty and fresh!

I've always loved floral two-step stamping sets and the old, retired SU! 'Roses in Winter' set is such an easy set to work with as you don't need to get exact placement as the images are fairly abstract.  I stamped the solid image in Highland Heather ink (stamped off once), stamped the next layer in full strength Highland Heather ink and stamped the final flower layer in full strength Gorgeous Grape ink.  I repeated just the last two layers to get a smaller rose.  I used Granny Apple Green ink for the leaves (stamped off once and then full strength).  After stamping all the images I fussy cut them and adhered the leaves to the backs of the flowers.  I glued the gingham mat layer to the card front, stamped the sentiment and popped the main image mat layer up on 3D foam tape.  I popped up the roses and added some Glitter Enamel Dots to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I added a strip of the gingham paper inside the card, used a flagged banner die for the sentiment and added a few more Glitter Enamel Dots.  I popped up the rose on the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Roses in Winter', 'One Big Meaning' & 'Tropical Chic' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Gingham Gala' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape & Granny Apple Green, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: MFT Die-namics 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam tape, SU! Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10