Monday 8 April 2019

Butterfly Double Z Fold Hello Beautiful Birthday Card

This is the birthday card I made for my lovely friend Lesley.  I thought the Double Z Fold card was ideal for using the beautiful patterned papers from the SU! 'Botanical Butterfly' DSP pack!

Here's the card and envelope together.  That butterfly patterned paper is stunning and I love how it looks on the envelope flap!


Here's the card.  I used the fab label die from the 'Rose Trellis' Thinlits die set for the sentiment, stamping the words in VersaMark and heat embossing with white embossing powder.  I wanted white dots to show behind the label so I cut a white label shape to go behind the black shape.  Actually I cut two pieces of Whisper White thick CS and the bottom piece only just cut through but the dots all stayed in place which made it easy to adhere it behind the black label shape!  I roughly cut out the butterfly from a sheet of the patterned paper, adhered it to a piece of Balmy Blue CS and then fussy cut the butterfly shape.  I folded up the wings, glued the body to the panel and placed Dimensionals under the wings with the backing paper left on so that the wings stay popped up.


Here's a closer look at the butterfly.  I used a double headed pearl stamen embellishment for the antennae - it's a length of white covered wire with a black pearl at each end.  I coloured the wire with a black Sharpie and adhered it behind the butterfly.  I used a black Gelly Roll Glaze pen to add gloss to the black markings on the butterfly body.


Here's another view of the card.


Here's the back of the card which I decorated with a strip of patterned paper, a stamped and punched sentiment label plus two fussy cut little butterflies.


In the first photo you can see I decorated the flap of the envelope with some of the gorgeous patterned paper.  To complete the project I added a strip of the patterned paper to the front of the envelope also.  When I add strips to the inside panels of cards and to envelopes I often draw a line next to the paper using an SU! Stampin' Write marker or a Sharpie and a ruler - a quick but effective finishing touch!


It was a total joy to make this card for lovely Lesley!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Gala' & 'Label Me Pretty' sets
CS: SU! Balmy Blue, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Botanical Butterfly' DSP pack
Ink: VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black, black Sharpie, black Gelly Roll Glaze pen
Tools: SU! 'Rose Trellis' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Pretty Label' punch, heat tool

Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder, Dimensionals, pearl double headed stamen
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10