Saturday 13 April 2019

Flowers & Bees 70th Birthday Card

One of my colleagues, Eileen, celebrated her 70th birthday last weekend and I thought that milestone birthday merited a hand made card! Here's the card and the back of the envelope together.


The card base measures 5 3/4" square and I layered the white panel onto a mat of Sweet Sugarplum CS.  The SU! 'Garden In Bloom' set has such a beautiful watercolour look to it, even though the set is retired I love to use these pretty stamps still!  I used Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody and Sweet Sugarplum inks for the blooms and Granny Apple Green ink for the leaves.  I stamped off once for the solid images and stamped the outlines in full strength ink.  After fussy cutting, I adhered the leaves behind the blooms and popped them up.  I used a flag banner die to cut out the sentiment strip.  I cut a few Sweet Sugarplum CS '70' numbers,  stacked them together and then glued on Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper numbers - a bit of sparkle for the milestone birthday numbers was definitely a must I think!  After stamping and fussy cutting the bees I used a clear Wink of Stella pen to add shimmer to the wings and I popped those up.  To complete the front I sprinkled on a few Sweet Sugarplum sequins.


Here's a closer look at the shimmery bee wings.


Here's the inside.  I used an oval stitched die for the sentiment and couldn't resist adding a stamped and fussy cut butterfly and bee.


Here's the envelope flap with a stamped, fussy cut and popped up flower.


I completed the envelope by adding a fancy die cut name label to the front. 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Garden In Bloom' & 'Birthday Blossoms' sets
CS: SU! Sweet Sugarplum & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody, Sweet Sugarplum & Soft Suede
Tools: MFT Die-namics 'Fishtail Flag' Stax die set, SU! 'Large Numbers' & 'Stitched Shape' Framelits die sets, Tonic Studios 'Beautiful Banner' die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Fancy Frost sequins, Dimensionals, clear Wink of Stella pen

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10