Tuesday 16 April 2019

Pusheen Thank You Card & Quote Gift

A lovely young lady at work, Beth, made me a birthday cake decorated with Pusheen the cat.  It was very sweet of her and I was really touched!



Beth placed three of the Pusheen tags on the cake board and I thought it'd be fun to use one on a thank you card for her! 

One of the new crafty goodies I got as a birthday pressie was the Altenew 'Caps Bold Alphabet' die set.  Wendy made Lesley a beautiful birthday card using the eclipse technique with these dies and they got added to the birthday wish list pretty smartish!  The eclipse technique is where you die cut a shape or shapes from a panel of stamped CS, patterned paper or CS so you have positive die cut shapes and the negative space.  The positive die cut shapes are adhered slightly offset from the negative space in order to get the eclipse effect, usually they're popped up on foam tape.

Jennifer McGuire has a fab tip for this technique - you place your dies together on a mat using the measurement lines as a guide for straight placement and then you tape the dies together with strips of painter's tape so that the letters stay together.  I placed the dies onto a panel of pink dotted paper and cut out the word 'THANK'.  I then cut out the letters again, cutting each letter three times from SU! Early Espresso CS.  I glued the Early Espresso letters together in a stack and then glued on the pink dotted letters.  I glued the pink dotted paper to a piece of Whisper White CS, added a strip of Early Espresso stitched ribbon and glued the whole panel to the front of a side opening 7" x 5" Early Espresso card base.  To make the card 7" x 5" I joined two pieces of Early Espresso CS together because whenever I make landscape cards I prefer to have the fold at the side as opposed to a tent fold at the top as the cards always stand up better that way.  

I trimmed around the Pusheen tag and attached a wobble action spring to the tag and stuck that in place.  Pusheen is already so cute but to have a Pusheen on a spring so you can make her wobble - that's even cuter!  I stamped the 'YOU', trimmed it to size and popped it up.  I punched hearts, again stacking Early Espresso CS shapes followed by pink dotted paper shapes.  I went over the letters and hearts with a clear Wink of Stella pen for some shimmer.  I popped up the positive letters just slightly offset from the negative space, glued the hearts in place and added rhinestone jewels to the hearts to complete the card front.


Here's a closer look at the shimmery letters.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stacked punched hearts again and used the Wink of Stella pen to add shimmer.


Here's the front of the envelope.  I used the Altenew 'Invisible Alpha' stamp set to stamp the name.


After I'd finished the card and while my supplies were still out I thought it would be nice to make Beth a little something to accompany the card.  I decided on stamping a quote piece which I attached to a card with an easel so it can stand up on display.  I love this quote, not a bad philosophy to live by!  I stamped the quote and then stamped the watercolour wash image over the top in stamped off once Flirty Flamingo ink.  I die cut the oval and I popped that up on 3D foam tape on top of my matted layers.  I punched stacked hearts again and added Wink of Stella and rhinestone jewels to the hearts.


Here's a closer look at the quote panel and the sweet shimmery hearts.


I used the Tim Holtz 'Small Easel' Bigz die to create the easel I attached to the back - such a useful die!


Seeing matching items together makes me so happy so here's the card and quote piece together!  I'm so pleased to say that Beth loved the card and gift - I had a blast making these for her!


Supplies:
Stamps:  'YOU' from a stamp in the SU! 'One Big Meaning' set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts 'Hugs 'n Hearts' set, Altenew 'Invisible Alpha' set, Inkylicious 'Be Whatever' stamp, watercolour wash from SU! 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' set
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Flirty Flamingo & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Flamingo' Double Dot double sided paper
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Flirty Flamingo, Early Espresso marker
Tools: Altenew 'Caps Bold Alphabet' die set, SU! 'Heart to Heart' punch, Creative Dies Plus nesting oval 'Wonky Stitches' die set, Tim Holtz 'Small Easel' Bigz die
Embellishments & accessories: Pusheen tag, 3D foam tape, Woodware Action Wobble Spring, SU! Early Espresso stitched ribbon, clear Wink of Stella pen, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10