Thursday 18 April 2019

Peony Thank You Card

Last week I spent a couple of days with my lovely friend Gill.  I had such a great time and I wanted to thank her for that as well as for my birthday gifts.  One of the birthday gifts I received from my hubby was the Altenew 'Hope' stamp set and matching dies - I fell in love with the beautiful layered peony as soon as I saw it!  Gill is very feminine and so a pretty design is always called for when I make a card for her and I decided the peony from the 'Hope' set would be ideal.

I started off by stamping the flower and leaves using a number of SU! ink colours - Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sea Foam, Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green.  The layered flower is so bold and I think it shows up perfectly against white.  I wanted to add a bit of texture and interest though so I embossed a panel of Whisper White thick CS using the 'Lace' Dynamic embossing folder and I adhered that to the front of a Flirty Flamingo A6 sized card base.  Oh my word, that lace embossing folder is so gloriously pretty and feminine - just gorgeous!

I popped up a die cut wonky stitched rectangle frame and added the leaves and flower.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark, heat embossed with white embossing powder and die cut a wonky stitched square.  I'd applied the frame to the card front at a wonky angle but I applied the sentiment square straight.  Whilst Gill and I were out shopping together we went into the Works and she pointed out some iridescent embellishments to me which I bought.  Obviously, I had to add a few to this card!  I also upped the pretty, feminine factor with a few pearls as well.


Here's the card at a different angle which shows off the gorgeous lace embossing.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped the scrap of lace image using stamped off once Flirty Flamingo ink, the heartfelt sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink and the little hearts in full strength Flirty Flamingo ink. 


Here's the envelope flap with another stamped lace scrap, a sentiment and a stamped and punched butterfly.


We'd love to have some girly friendship time again and I hope it's soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew 'Hope' set, SU! 'Southern Serenade', 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar', 'Tin of Cards' & 'Butterfly Gala' sets
CS: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green & Whisper White (thick & regular)
Ink: SU! Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sea Foam, Lemon Lime Twist & Granny Apple Green
Tools: Altenew 'Hope' die set, SU! 'Lace' Dynamic embossing folder, Creative Dies Plus 'Wonky Stitches' nested rectangle and square die sets, SU! 'Butterfly Duet' punch
Embellishments & accessories: the Works iridescent embellishments, SU! pearl jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10