Saturday 28 December 2019

One Sketch Layout - Nine Christmas Cards

Following a card layout makes a card come together quickly and easily and that's very welcome at Christmas!  I made nine cards for my card group ladies using one sketch layout.  I kept the same sentiments and used the same 'Nested Label' die cut shape. 

Here are all nine cards.


Here is a group of three cards.


A second group of three cards.


The last group of three cards.


Card one.


Card one inside and envelope.


 Card two.


Card two inside and envelope.


Card three.


Card three inside and envelope.


Card four.


Card four inside and envelope.


Card five. 


Card five inside and envelope.


Card six.

 Card six inside and envelope.


Card seven.

 

Here's a closer look at the poinsettia.  I used a technique where you stack layers of single ply napkins plus one CS layer (the CS layer goes at the bottom) before die cutting a shape.  Once the shapes have been die cut you add colour using water and your chosen medium - I used Real Red and Cherry Cobbler inks from a re-inker bottle applied using an Aquapainter.  You then need to let the shapes dry completely before assembling.  I loved the velvet like finish and the different colour shading - some of the napkin layers needed to be glued together and I wasn't keen on that aspect!  I'm glad I tried the technique but it's not something to do if you're pressed for time and you need to make quite a few.


 Card seven inside and envelope. 


Card eight.


Card eight inside and envelope.


Card nine.

 Card nine inside and envelope.


 It was great fun to use the same layout with different colours, techniques, supplies and embellishments to end up with nine different cards!

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10