Thursday 26 December 2019

December 2019 Card Group Projects

Whew, December was a busy, busy month!  Finally I've got some time to share the cards we made at our December card group meeting.  We only make two cards at our Christmas meeting as we send time having some festive fun along with the crafting!  Both cards were made using images from the SU! 'Pop of Petals' set.

The first card is a Christmas card featuring a stamped wreath using an image from the 'Pop of Petals' stamp set.  I made a Real Red A6 size card base and added a patterned paper flagged banner .  I die cut a circle from a piece of CS and used the negative piece to draw a pencil circle on a piece of white CS so I had a guide as to where to stamp the images to form the wreath.  I stamped three layers in Pretty Peacock ink - first I stamped three times in stamped off twice ink, second I stamped three times in stamped off once ink and then the third layer was stamped three times in full strength ink.  I used a stitched square die to cut out the panel and glued that over the top of the banner.  I stamped the gorgeous sheer ribbon bow from the SU! 'Wishing You Well' stamp set in Real Red ink, fussy cut it out and popped it up on the side of the wreath.  To complete the card front I added three clusters of red rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside and the enveloope.  I drew a line with a Real Red marker from the sentiment and added a patterned paper punched ornament.  I used a metallic Sharpie to colour the top of the ornament.  The element for the envelope was made from a stamped sentiment and more punches.


The second card is a birthday card using flower and leaf images from the 'Pop of Petals' set and an almost monochromatic colour combo - Rococo Rose, white and a little pop of Old Olive.  I stamped the 'Hardwood' background stamp on the front of the card base - the stamp isn't wide enough to cover the entire front of an A6 card front so I cut off a bit from the side and glued a white panel inside the card.  I stamped the sentiment, cut out the 'Stitched Nested Label', stamped three flowers in Rococo Rose ink going from full strength to stamped off twice and layered the stamped flowers onto plain punched flowers.  I stamped two leaves, fussy cut them out, tucked them behind a flower and popped the whole label up.


Here's the inside and envelope.  I used a background stamp and sentiment from my much loved 'Butterfly Basics' stamp set for the inside and punched flowers for the envelope.


Santa couldn't make it to hand out the Secret Santa gifts, but it was OK as an elf was on hand to do the job!


What a lovely afternoon we had, I'm looking forward to starting a whole new year of card groups in January 2020! 

Supplies for Christmas card:
Stamps: SU! 'Pop of Petals', 'Wishing You Well' & 'Christmas Traditions' stamp sets, Hero Arts '???' set
CS: SU! Real Red, Pretty Peacock &Very Vanilla

Patterned paper: SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' Specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Real Red & Pretty Peacock
Tools: SU! 'Gleaming Ornaments' punch pack, 1/4" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch & 'Pretty Label' punch, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Pop of Petals' & 'Butterfly Basics' stamp sets, SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp
CS: SU! Rococo Rose & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rococo Rose & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Nested Labels' die set, SU! 'Four Petal Flower' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10