Friday 29 November 2019

Ornaments Split Diagonal Panels Christmas Wishes Card

This card was made following an unusual layout from Dena Rekow's November Facebook class, it has loads of potential I think, lots of possibilities!  Dena's layout was portrait oriented but I rotated the layout to landscape.

I love non traditional colours for Christmas cards and the SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' Specialty DSP is so rich and elegant.  I immediately thought of using patterned paper for the split diagonal panels and once I'd decided on the paper the rest of the card came together really quickly.  I adhered the two diagonal panels to the front of the Mossy Meadow card base and added Night of Navy CS strips.  I stamped the 'Merriest Christmas Wishes' sentiment from the 'Dashing Deer' set but trimmed the banner to only show the 'Christmas Wishes' words.  I glued that in place but popped up the punched ornaments.  I adhered three copper star embellishments to complete the card front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope featuring more of that gorgeous patterned paper.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Gleaming' , 'Dashing Deer' & 'Greatest Part of Christmas'' sets
CS: SU! Mossy Meadoe, Night of Navy & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' Specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Gleaming Ornaments' punch pack
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 'Star Designer Elements', Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10