Thursday 7 November 2019

November 2019 Card Group Projects

Unfortunately, circumstances meant we had to cancel our October card group meeting so it was especially nice to see everyone at group this afternoon.  I just can't believe we've only got one more group left in 2019!

The cards we made at the September card group meeting proved a tad challenging and the ladies pleaded with me for "simple cards next time".  So, a month later than originally planned, I'm sharing the three simple cards I designed for them.

I went to The Works - I don't go in there very often but when I do I make a beeline for the dies and other crafty supplies.  I can't seem to visit The Works without picking up a couple of dies because they are such a bargain, I just can't resist!  On this visit I came across a roll of Santa's belt ribbon and I thought it would make a cute and simple Christmas card.  I wrapped a section of the ribbon around a square of Real Red CS that I'd embossed with the SU! 'Subtle' embossing folder, layered that onto a mat of Basic Black CS and added black punched circles to act as buttons. I thought the sentiment was ideal for this Santa coat card as it's what Saint Nicholas says at the end of "The Night Before Christmas", the poem written by Clement Clarke Moore.  After stamping the sentiment I added three red rhinestone jewels.


The 'Subtle' embossing folder adds such a nice touch of texture!  I layered a few circle punched shapes together to add dimension to the buttons.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


The second card features a holly wreath die I also picked up from The Works.  I cut the bow portion of the die separately from Real Red CS, snipped it and glued it over the top of the Mossy Meadow wreath shape.  I lifted the holly leaves up a bit for some dimension and added pearls to embellish.  I absolutely love the mixed fonts of the 'Christmas Greetings' sentiment!


Here's a closer look at the wreath, the detailing on the holly leaves is fab!


I used some long retired SU! patterned paper to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.


The final card is a birthday card - although with different sentiments it could become a Christmas card! A good design for a male too I think!  I finally used my SU! 'Painted Seasons' goodies (stamps, dies and patterned paper) that I got during Sale-A-Bration at the beginning of the year.  The card base is Crumb Cake, the mat layer is Soft Suede and the plain CS strip is Poppy Parade.  I stamped the pine cones in Soft Suede ink, the leaves in Call Me Clover ink and the sentiment in Poppy Parade ink.  The pine cone on the left is popped up on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Every year at card group we exchange Secret Santa gifts and I make the tags to go on the presents and distribute them at the November meeting.  This year I've used a pretty holly ornament die that - surprise, surprise, I got in The Works! 

I die cut the ornament in SU! Shaded Spruce CS and adhered a Whisper White CS circle behind the ornament shape.  One of my Nestabilities circle dies was the perfect 3 1/4" size - what a result!  I added red rhinestones as holly berries and tied on red and white baker's twine to complete the tags.

Here's the pile of tags.


Here's just one tag.  I love the font of the merry Christmas plus the detail on the holly leaves!  


As a bit of fun I put names in a hat and held a draw for two prizes - one each of the holly wreath die and the holly ornament die.  Can't wait for next month and the Secret Santa pressies, that's always fun!

Supplies for Santa coat card:
Stamps: SU! 'Greatest Part of Christmas' & 'Christmas Traditions' sets

CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Subtle' embossing folder, heart from SU! 'Trim Your Stocking' die set, SU! circle punches, SU! 'Christmas Traditions' punch
Embellishments & accessories: Santa belt ribbon from The Works, SU! red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for holly wreath card:
Stamps: SU! 'Greatest Part of Christmas' set
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Real Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Season of Cheer' DSP
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow
Tools: M&C Boutique holly wreath die from The Works, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: white pearls, red pearls


Supplies for pine cones birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Painted Seasons' & 'Perennial Birthday' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Soft Suede & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Painted Seasons' DSP
Ink: SU! Call Me Clover, Poppy Parade & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Four Seasons' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for gift tags:
Stamps: none
CS: SU! Shaded Spruce & Whisper White
Ink: none
Tools: M&C Boutique holly ornament die from The Works, circle Nestabilities die
Embellishments & accessories: red & white baker's twine, SU! red rhinestone jewels

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10