Saturday 15 August 2020

Sunflowers 60th Birthday Card

This is the 60th birthday card I made for my friend Jackie who I've known since primary school. We bonded in the school playground aged five over our shared loathing of PE!

Here's the card and envelope together.


I think the SU! 'Painted Harvest' set is one of the most beautiful stamp sets, the stamped images are stunning.  So I'm at a complete loss as to why I don't use it much!  I must say I thoroughly enjoyed making this card.  The card base measures 5 3/4" square and I used Daffodil Delight CS.  I used Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie inks for the Sunflowers, Soft Suede ink for the centres and Old Olive ink for the leaves.  I stamped sunflowers on a scrap of Whisper White CS and die cut the 60 numbers.  I also die cut several more numbers from thick Whisper White CS and stacked them together so my numbers were nice and chunky.  I used my trusty Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp positioner to get perfect placement for my sentiment words.  I glued the white panel to a mat layer of Soft Suede CS, added some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and jute twine and glued the entire panel to the card front.  I added three Pumpkin Pie Candy Dots as a final touch to the front.  Wow, some very old, retired supplies dug out from the stash for this card, it feels good to use them!


Here's a closer look at the numbers, I love the dimension!


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope flap.


Here's the front of the envelope with stamped sunflowers and a name label.


Supplies: 
Stamps: SU! 'Painted Harvest','Number of Years' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Soft Suede & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie & Soft Suede  
Tools: SU! 'Large Numbers' die set, Sizzix 'Card, Square Flip Its' die set, SU! Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, jute twine, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10