Monday 31 August 2020

Tropical Floral Hello Card

 This is a card I've made for a Dena Rekow Facebook class challenge where the challenge was to make a tropical card.  I've used one of Dena's card layouts - the July Live #3 Card #2 layout.  I must say I've cut it a bit fine, today is the last day to enter the challenge!

Here's the card and envelope together.

 
As the theme was tropical I knew I'd be using the SU! 'Timeless Tropical' stamps and dies and the 'Tropical Oasis' patterned paper.  Having decided on the layout I needed to choose some patterned paper and I selected a pretty floral design and a contrasting texture design.  I made a So Saffron A6 sized card base, glued my patterned paper pieces to a Soft Suede CS mat layer and wrapped the Faux Suede Trim around and tied a knot.  I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink and glued the mat layer to the card front.  I die cut a stitched circle shape and then got busy stamping and die cutting flowers and leaves.  
 
I stamped the flowers in Soft Suede ink on Whisper White CS and then added Mango Melody ink to each flower using an oval make up brush, going darker at the edges.  For the leaves I applied Old Olive ink to each leaf, again using an oval make up brush.  After I'd die cut the flowers I snipped between a few petals so I could add some shape and dimension to the flowers.  I arranged the flowers and leaves on the circle, popped up one flower and popped up the Whisper White circle.  I added a gold Metallic Pearl to the centre of each flower to finish the front.


More of the pretty floral paper was used to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.

 
Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Timeless Tropical' & 'Blossoms in Bloom' sets
CS: SU! Soft Suede, So Saffron & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Tropical Oasis' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Mango Melody, Old Olive & Soft Suede 
Tools:SU! 'In the Tropics' & 'Stitched Shapes' die set, oval make up brushes
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Faux Suede Trim, Metallic Pearls & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10