Wednesday 12 August 2020

Hunting Owl Friendship Birthday Card

Petra asked me to make her a friendship birthday card for her to give to a special friend.  The friend's favourite colour is purple and she loves owls.  I found this beautiful Woodware owl stamp and loved it as soon as I saw it.

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I used SU! Gorgeous Grape, Whisper White and sparkly silver as my colour combo and the card measures 5 3/4" square.  I stamped the image, trimmed it to size and matted and layered it.  After adhering the patterned paper I wrapped a length of purple Tricolor ribbon around the panel and glued the whole thing to the front of the card base.  I applied Wink of Stella to the moon for a touch of shimmer.  I then stamped the image again and fussy cut the owl so I could adhere it over the top.  I glued the owl flat at the body but placed Dimensionals under the wings.  I'd given Petra a list of sentiments to choose from and she selected 'Our friendship is timeless' which I cut with a banner punch.  I glued the white banner to a Silver Glimmer Paper banner and I popped that up on Dimensionals.


Here's a closer look at the popped up owl, the dimension is amazing!


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  I stamped the image again and cut just part of it out with a circle die.


I was very pleased when Petra told me she was happy with the card!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Woodware 'Lino Cut, Hunting Owl', SU! 'Timeless Tropical' set, Hero Arts 'Special Birthday'
CS: SU! Gorgeous Grape & Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Gorgeous Grape  
Tools:SU! 'Layering Circles' die set, 'Banners' Pick a Punch, Wink of Stella pen
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! purple Tricolor Ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth





No comments:

01 09 10