Thursday 30 July 2020

Lots & Lots Of Happy Cards - Gift Set

This is a set of eight note cards and envelopes I made for Petra who made me a lovely fabric bag to keep my face masks in.  I think it's a lovely thing when crafters share their hand made goodies!  

Here are all eight cards pegged up on my new hexagon display thingy.  I kept to the same design but switched the colours up, making two of each colour combo.  It's very satisfying to see a collection of cards together!


Here are four cards showing the colour combos - from left to right it's Just Jade with Magenta Madness, Pear Pizzazz with Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green with Highland Heather and Old Olive with Bermuda Bay.  I like them all but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Granny Apple Green with Highland Heather and Just Jade with Magenta Madness would be a close second!


Here's just one card.  The SU note cards measure 3 1/2" x 5" so are smaller than a standard A6 card.  The fern and flower images are from the SU! 'Positive Thoughts' stamp set and the happy sentiment is from the 'Lots of Happy' set that went with the 'Lots of Happy' card kit.  I used full strength ink and stamped off once ink (second generation stamping) for the ferns and flowers.  The 'Positive Thoughts' set does have a butterfly stamp but I tried it and felt it was too large for the smaller sized note card so I opted to punch the smaller butterfly from the 'Butterfly Duet' punch.  After shaping the wings I added rhinestone jewels to add some sparkle to the butterflies.


Of course, the insides of the note cards and the envelopes had to be stamped too!  That fern has to be one of the prettiest stamps ever!



Once I'd finished I placed the note cards and envelopes in a cello bag and added a tag tied with a ribbon bow.


Here's a closer look at the tag.  I die cut a shape from the 'Stitched So Sweetly' set of dies and popped up a 'Stitched Shape' oval.  I love that sentiment from the 'Fancy Phrases' set - it's perfect for a gift tag!  I punched a Granny Apple Green butterfly and added three rhinestone jewels.  I tied the tag onto the bag with the purple Tricolor Ribbon which ties so beautifully.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Positive Thoughts', 'Fancy Phrases' & 'Lots of Happy' sets
CS: SU! Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Highland Heather, Magenta Madness & Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz
Tools:SU! 'Butterfly Duet' punch, 'Stitched Shapes' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, Crop-A-Dile, X Cut 3/8" circle punch
Embellishments & Accessories: cello bag, SU! purple Tricolor Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10