Sunday 19 July 2020

Scrappy Strips Split Panel Christmas Card

A little while ago I made this scrappy strips card and I wanted to try a version where the panel is cut apart.  I recently got a pack of SU! 'Tis the Season' 6" x 6" patterned paper and there are some lovely designs so I decided that would be a great choice for my strips.

Here's the card and envelope together.  A very traditional red and green Christmassy combo!


Here's the card.  The A6 sized card base is made with SU! Garden Green CS.  I adhered all the strips to a panel of Whisper White CS and cut it to size.  I cut a mat layer of Whisper White CS to go on the card front and stamped the sentiment.  I cut the scrappy strips panel apart, cut the two panels to size and popped them both up on Dimensionals.  I punched two trees from a piece of paper in the 'Wrapped in Plaid' 6" x 6" paper pack and adhered those in place.  I added a red glitter enamel dot to the top of each tree as a finishing touch.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.


I made this card on a really hot day, it seems strange at the time but I know I'll be glad that I made Christmas cards in plenty of time to avoid that mad November rush!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Perfectly Plaid' set
CS: SU! Garden Green & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tis the Season' & 'Wrapped in Plaid' 6" x 6" DSP packs
Ink: SU! Garden Green
Tools: SU! 'Pine Tree' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10