Tuesday 7 July 2020

Brightly Gleaming Scrappy Strips Christmas Card

The scrappy strips technique has taken the card making world by storm!  The craze was started by Bruno Bertucci who was inspired by a piece of aboriginal art.  Visit the blog post HERE to find out more.  There is also this video on YouTube which shows Bruno demonstrating the technique - at the 20.00 minute mark on the video.

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave featured this technique with one of her card layouts in her May 2020 Facebook Live class.  I've finally got around to trying out the technique and I thought I'd make a Christmas card.  Here's my card and envelope together.



I chose to cut strips from SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' patterned papers along with strips of  plain Mossy Meadow and Pretty Peacock CS.  I applied the strips to a panel of Very Vanilla CS, cut the panel to size and glued it to a mat layer of Very Vanilla CS which I glued to the front of a Mossy Meadow card base.  I stamped the sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink, cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle die and used the same die to cut out a copper foil rectangle.  I glued the vanilla shape to the copper shape, offsetting the two and I popped up the sentiment with Dimensionals.  I punched two copper foil dots and added those to the sentiment as a finishing touch.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.


What a fun technique and a great use for CS and patterned paper scraps!  In one of Dena's example cards she split the scrappy strips panel apart and stamped a sentiment between the two pieces which looked great and I definitely want to try that look!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Greatest Part of Christmas' set
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Pretty Peacock & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper:: SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' specialty DSP pack
Ink: SU! Pretty Peacock
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10