Sunday 26 July 2020

Poppy Every Happiness Card

Moni is a very sweet work colleague of mine and it was her birthday one day last week.  I came across one of my card group card kits from March and I thought I'd use it to make her a card - changing a few things up for a bit of fun!

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card which measures 5 1/4" square.  The hexagon paper from the SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack is layered onto a mat of Mossy Meadow CS.  I die cut the two poppy shapes using Poppy Parade CS and I used a leaf die from the 'Nature's Roots' die set rather than the leaf dies that come in the 'Poppy Moments' die set.  I love the shape and texture of that 'Nature's Roots' leaf!  To add texture to the poppy flower I embossed the solid shape with the SU! 'Old World Paper' embossing folder and glued the outline shape over the top.  I glued the leaves to the patterned paper panel but I've popped up the poppy and sentiment banner.  As I gave the card to Moni after her birthday I used a non birthday sentiment - I masked off the 'this special day will bring' words on the stamp so I could just stamp the 'wishing you every happiness' words.  I die cut the poppy centre from Basic Black CS and shaped it a wee bit before gluing it to the poppy.


This is such a simple card layout but adding some texture kicks things up a notch.  Here's a closer look at the poppy and leaves.


Here's the inside of the card simply decorated with patterned paper and a strip of Mossy Meadow CS.



Here's the envelope.  I decided to personalise the envelope for Moni using my Crafts Too 'Small Alphabet' embossing folder.  Once I'd embossed my piece of Poppy Parade CS I punched out each embossed letter with a 5/8" circle punch which is the perfect size for the letters.  I've had the folder for ages and haven't used it in quite a while so it was good to give it an outing!  I popped each letter up onto the Mossy Meadow flagged banner.


Here's a closer look at the embossed letter circles.  A sweet touch I think!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Poppy Parade, Basic Black & Whisper White thick & regular

Patterned paper: SU! 'See a Silhouette' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Nature's Roots' & 'Poppy Moments' die sets, 'Old World Paper' embossing folder & 'Banners' Pick a Punch, Crafts Too 'Small Alphabet' embossing folder, Woodware 5/8" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10