Thursday 9 July 2020

Floral Background & Butterfly Birthday Wishes Card

Recently I came across this lovely card made by Lisa Curcio at Lisa's Stamp Studio.  I'd just received my SU! 'Butterfly Wishes' stamp set so I was keen to ink it up and Lisa's card really appealed to me.  I'd also just received my SU! Just Jade ink pad and CS and because I was eager to try out my new colour I used that instead of Lisa's original black and white monochrome look.

Here's the card and envelope together.


I used a Just Jade card base rather than a white card base so after I'd glued my stamped white strips to a Just Jade CS panel I added a mat layer of white CS.  I stamped the butterfly onto a panel of white CS, stamped it again on a scrap of white CS, fussy cut it out and popped up the fussy cut shape over the top.  After stamping the sentiment I glued the white panel to a mat layer of Just Jade CS and popped that up.  As a finishing touch I added three iridescent white gems.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  'Butterfly Wishes' is a Distinktive™ stamp set which means the stamps have a special texture that gives added depth and dimension, creating photo-realistic stamped images.  The results are stunning and these type of stamps are such a joy to use!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Wishes' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Just Jade & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Just Jade
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 'From My Heart' faceted gems, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10