Wednesday 22 July 2020

Paper Strips & Bell Christmas Greetings Card

On page 29 of the SU! Aug - Dec 2020 Mini Catalogue there are three cards showcasing the 'Christmas Means More' stamp set.  The cards illustrate the 'Step It Up' process where you design a basic card, step it up a bit for a second card and then step it up even further for a third card.  I love the look of the cards - the middle card in particular - and decided to CASE the design substituting the supplies SU! had used for supplies I had in my stash.  The cards feature Crumb Cake CS, paper strips, a large sentiment and gold foil bells and those features are what I focused on to make my version of the cards.

Here's my card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I opted to use a Real Red card base and cut 3/4" strips from patterned papers in the 'Tis the Season' 6" x 6" DSP pack.  After stamping the sentiment (from the 'Greatest Part of Christmas' hostess set from last year's seasonal catalogue) I cut it out with a 'Stitched Rectangle' die and popped it up.  I die cut one gold foil bell and three white bells and stacked them together for some dimension.  The bell die is from the SU! 'Trim Your Stocking' retired die set.  I glued the bell in place and secured a gold cord bow on top with a glue dot.


Here's the inside of the card.  I've used a new SU! stamp set called 'Joyful Holly' which I loved as soon as I saw it in the catalogue.  The set is a two step stamp set and comes with two different sized holly branches and two lovely sentiments - I couldn't resist!  A couple of the papers I used for the card front feature holly so I thought this set was a good choice to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.  I stamped the sentiment and outline holly in Shaded Spruce ink, the solid leaves in stamped off once Garden Green ink and the berries in Real Red ink.


Here's the envelope with more stamped holly.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Greatest Part of Christmas' & 'Joyful Holly' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red & Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tis the Season' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Garden Green, Real Red & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangle' & 'Trim Your Stocking' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gold cord from the 'Wonder of the Season' ribbon combo pack, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10