Friday 24 July 2020

Ribbon & Bow Faux Wrapped Christmas Gift Card

One of the things I love best about getting a new SU! catalogue is getting inspiration from the many card designs inside.  I spotted a card on page 71 that resembled a wrapped Christmas gift and knew I'd have to make a version.  I didn't purchase the particular patterned paper that SU! have used for the card but it's so easy to substitute a different patterned paper.

Here's my card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I chose to make a standard A6 sized card although I think the card in the catalogue is a taller, narrower size.  I covered the front of a Whisper White thick CS card base with paper from the SU! 'Tis the Season' 6" x 6" DSP pack.  I then cut strips of Shaded Spruce CS to mimic ribbon and glued those in place.  I stamped and punched two bows using the 'Gift Wrapped' stamp set and the matching 'Gift Bow' builder punch to replicate a double ribbon bow - I cut the tails off the bow I adhered at the back.  I made a tag using the 'Banners' Pick a Punch - the hole was punched using the 'Label Me Fancy' punch - added some gold cord, attached the tag in place and popped the bow up over the top.  I'd stamped the sentiment in Real Red ink and I added three Real Red rhinestone jewels to add a further pop of red.


Here's a closer look at the bow detail. 


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope with a stamped and punched Shaded Spruce gift bow.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Gift Wrapped' set
CS: SU! Shaded Spruce & Whisper White thick & regular

Patterned paper: SU! 'Tis the Season' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Gift Bow' builder punch, 'Banners' pick a punch, 'Label' Me Fancy' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gold cord from the 'Wonder of the Season' ribbon combo pack, Real Red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10