Wednesday 29 July 2020

Denim Heart & Fabric Dress Sew Lovely Card

I've had some gorgeous face masks made for me by a lovely lady called Petra - her Facebook page is Buttoned With Love - and I suggested to her that she might think about making fabric bags/pouches for people to store their masks in.  Petra very kindly made me a pretty bag and I thought I'd have some fun with fabric and buttons to make her a thank you card.  It's been a long time since I've used my SU! 'Dress Up' dies and I really enjoyed choosing the fabric and raiding my button tin!

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I started off by stamping the stitched heart using black StazOn ink onto a sheet of denim and I then used double sided adhesive to stick the fabric to a piece of CS.  I then fussy cut the heart and glued it to the front of an A6 sized black card base.  I used double sided adhesive again to attach the pretty floral fabric to a piece of CS, I die cut the dress and added ribbon and a sweet little flower button.  I popped the dress up on Dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Pretty in Pink CS, cut that out using a stitched rectangle die and popped that up. Wow, Pretty in Pink is a blast from the past, I only have a couple of CS sheets left but it's the pink colour that matches best with the fabric.  I threaded a few buttons with black baker's twine and attached them to the card with glue dots to finish the front.


Here's a closer look at the denim heart and dress.  The heart stamp is from an old Docrafts Papermania set that came free with a magazine - it's great!  I was given some fabric pieces years ago by some card group ladies who do patchwork.  Fabrics with a tiny print are perfect for these die cut dresses!  I still have a box full in my stash and I'm glad as I chose not to part with my retired 'Dress Ups' die set or my 'Button, Button' stamp set - I knew I'd want to play again one day!  


Here's the inside of the card.  I wanted to stamp buttons using black, Old Olive and Pretty in Pink inks.  Sadly, my Pretty in Pink ink pad has dried out and I don't have an ink refill.  I die cut a Pretty in Pink CS button instead and consigned the dried out ink pad to the bin. 😞


Here's the envelope.  I die cut a fabric flower (attached to a piece of CS with double sided adhesive) added a button and mounted it onto punched circles.  


What a fun project, I had a blast!  The anniversary card I made recently was commissioned by Petra.  I've also made her a set of eight note cards and envelopes as a little gift in return for the fabric bag she made for me.  All the cards have been delivered and I'm delighted to say Petra was so happy with them, she gave me such lovely feedback!   I'll be sharing the note cards here on the blog tomorrow.  I've not met Petra in person but it's so lovely to connect and share with a fellow crafty person! 

Supplies: 
Stamps: DoCrafts Papermanis 'Sew Lovely' magazine freebie set, SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: Basic Black, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White 
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Dress Up' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, circle punches, button die from MFT 'Blueprints 14' die set, First Edition 'Flowers' die set
Embellishments & accessories: double sided adhesive sheet, floral fabric, Papermania denim sheet pack, SU! buttons, black baker's twine, Dimensionals
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10