Monday 21 September 2020

Owl & Wheat Happy Birthday Card

This is the birthday card I made for our special friend Debbie - who loves nature.  Debbie is a member of the RSPB, she goes bird watching and one of her favourite outings is to go somewhere around dusk where it's likely you'll see a barn owl come out to hunt.  I knew when I bought this Woodware 'Lino Cut, Hunting Owl' stamp that I'd have to use it for Debbie's birthday card!

Navy blue is one of Debbie's favourite colours - probably her absolute favourite colour actually - so I went with a Night of Navy and Whisper White colour combo.  I know Debs also loves wheat images so I used a wheat stamp as a background for the card front and to decorate inside the card and the envelope.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I stamped the owl separately, fussy cut it and popped it up.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using white embossing powder.


Here's a closer look at the moon.  I added some shimmer with a clear Wink of Stella pen.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the front of the envelope.


Here's the envelope flap.  I stamped part of the owl image, cut it out with a circle punch and layered it on a Night of Navy punched circle.



Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Lino Cut, Hunting Owl' & 'Wheat' sets', Altenew 'Happy Birthday' set, SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, VersaMark  
Tools: SU! circle punches 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella pen, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10