Monday 27 September 2021

Merry And Bright Christmas Card

It's great to be back blogging again after a long period of no internet.  Wow, I missed not being online and I now realise how much I rely on streaming services, I can't wait to get back to BBC iPlayer, Amazon and Netflix! 

A while ago I went to stay at a friend's house to look after her gorgeous cat Percy while she went away for a few days.  I took a pile of crafting supplies with me and had my very own crafting retreat - it was amazing!  

This is one of the cards I made while I was away using the SU! 'Peace & Joy' stamp set and matching die set.  I love the style of the stamps and the stacked die cut sentiments - really fun!


The card base is Pool Party and the mat layer is Poppy Parade.  I used various colours of ink to stamp the foliage and berries.  I stamped the sentiment words in Poppy Parade ink, cut them out with scissors and glued them in place.  I adhered a strip of Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon and popped up the die cut stacked 'Bright' on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope with a stamped element cut out with circle punches on the flap.


I couldn't resist making another card using a different colour scheme!  Here it is in red and green.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peace & Joy' & 'Christmas Gleaming' sets
CS: SU! Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Poppy Parade & Basic White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Just Jade, Poppy Parade & Shaded Spruce 
Tools: SU! 'Joy' dies set, circle punches
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10