Saturday 4 September 2021

Square Deck the Halls Holly Card

I thought I'd make a square card for a change.  A very simple layout but lovely embellishments add a festive touch.  Here's the card and envelope together.


The Crumb Cake card base measures 5 1/4" square and I added a panel of patterned paper from the SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' specialty DSP pack.  I stamped the holly in Old Olive ink and used Stampin' Blends markers to colour in the images.  A 2" circle punch was used for the sentiment and I offset the white circle against an Old Olive 2" circle.  I taped down the ribbon and popped up the circle.  The finishing touch for the front was the addition of three star embellishments.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  Covering envelope flaps with patterned paper means I'm using more paper, not hoarding it!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Gleaming' & 'Perfectly Plaid' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Old Olive & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' specialty DSP 
Ink: SU! Real Red ink pad, SU! Old Olive & Real Red Stampin' Blends markers
Tools: SU! '2" circle punch 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Real Red woven satin ribbon, 'Star Designer Elements' Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10