Monday 23 August 2021

Autumn Leaf Trio Happy Birthday Card

I just had to have another go at the baby wipe re-inker technique using a solid image stamp after I'd made this snowflake card.  This time I've made a birthday card using leaves and autumnal colours.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Kelly Acheson talks about the quality of baby wipes used for the technique in her video and I bought some Huggies wipes to try this time rather than the Wilko wipes - both wipes have worked fine for the technique.  I laid just one wipe onto my silicone craft sheet and dropped Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry and Old Olive inks onto the wipe to create my ink pad.  The great thing about this technique is you can stamp several images - I stamped six leaves altogether.  After stamping the leaves I used the 'Stitched Leaves' dies to cut out the shape and to add the stitched detail.  I decided to use three leaves on my card and I determined my layout.  I made an Old Olive card base and added a panel of plaid paper and a strip of Cherry Cobbler CS.  I die cut a white stitched rectangle and glued two leaves directly on it and popped the central leaf up on Dimensionals.  I die cut the Crushed Curry sentiment label using a shape from the SU! 'Messages' die and I popped it up.  To finish the front I added a green linen thread bow.


Here's a closer look at the leaves.  I really love how they turned out!


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Love of Leaves' & 'Shaded Summer' sets, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' set 
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Old Olive & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Plaid Tidings' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler ink pad, SU! Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry & Old Olive ink refills 
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Leaves' die set, 'Messages' die, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set 
Embellishments & Accessories: Huggies baby wipe, SU! Old Olive Linen Thread, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10