Wednesday 11 August 2021

Holly Christmas Greetings Card

While putting the Christmas cards I've made so far away in their box I came across this holly paper envelope.  I remember I made it late last Christmas as a gift card holder for my hubby.  I made it so late and in such a rush I didn't even write his name on the label!  He gave the envelope back to me and I stashed it away in my Christmas cards box.  When I spotted the envelope I took it out of the box and thought I'd make a card to go inside!  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  Because the envelope isn't a regular size I had to custom make the card to fit so the card measures 5" x 4".  I adhered a panel of holly paper from the SU! 'Poinsettia Place' DSP pack to a mat layer of Old Olive CS and glued that to the front of the Real Red card base.  I stamped the sentiment in Real Red ink onto Soft Sea Foam CS and cut it out with a stitched rectangle die.  I stamped holly leaves and berries from the SU! 'Christmas Season' set, die cut the shapes and snipped some  berries off.  I die cut a smaller stitched rectangle and adhered both rectangles to the card front, sliding the smaller rectangle underneath the larger one. I popped up the holly leaves and berries and added a Real Red rhinestone jewel to the tittle (the dot above the i!) in the word Christmas.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped the sentiment in Old Olive ink onto Soft Sea Foam CS and cut it out with another stitched rectangle die.  I added a strip of the holly paper and drew a line above it with a Real Red Stampin' Write marker.


Here's the envelope made using the Envelope Punch Board with a popped up die cut name label.  It was fun to create the card to go with the envelope I already had!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Season' & 'Greatest Part of Christmas' sets
CS: SU! Old Olive, Real Red & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Poinsettia Place' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz & Real Red ink pads, SU! Real Red Stampin' Write marker
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Labels' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets Envelope Punch Board, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-its #2' die set 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Real Red Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10