Tuesday 17 August 2021

Coloured Strips Snowflake Wishes Card

A little while ago I made this rainbow strips birthday card and when I'd done I knew I wanted to make a snowflakes Christmas card version and here it is!  Here's the card and envelope together.

Here's the card.  I made a Night of Navy card base and chose Balmy Blue, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape CS for my coloured strips.  After I'd die cut the strips I stamped tone on tone snowflakes on each strip using the same colour ink as the CS.  I kept my shammy to hand so I could clean the stamp between ink colours!  I cut a Basic White mat layer for my strips and before adhering that in place I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.  There are some iridescent foil 'Wonderful Snowflakes' in the SU! July to December mini catalogue and they are gorgeous!  I popped up one of those and added a Night of Navy die cut snowflake to the centre.  I added two white die cut snowflakes, added rhinestone jewels to all three snowflake centres and finished the front by adding some self adhesive snowflake embellishments around the sentiment.


I went a bit fancy on the inside by using the negative snowflake label die from the SU! 'So Many Snowflakes' die set.  I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a piece of Pool Party CS and glued that down before adhering the white panel over the top.  I added three more of the snowflake embellishments.



Here's the envelope with a circle snowflake element glued on the flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Snowflake Wishes' set
CS: SU! Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Pool Party & Basic White
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Night of Navy & Pool Party, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'So Many Snowflakes' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, circle punches
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white embossing powder, rhinestone jewels, self adhesive snowflake embellishments, Dimensionals

Ruth





No comments:

01 09 10