Saturday 21 August 2021

Poinsettia Wreath Merry Christmas Card

Here's another alcohol ink background Christmas card.  I wanted to try with just red and green inks and I wanted to add some gold to the background.  Here's the card and envelope together.


I used Dark Cherry Cobbler and Dark Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends on the vellum and I think it did get a little muddy in places once I'd added the alcohol.  To add some gold 'veining' detail I used a VersaMark pen to draw lines and then I heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I've had the VersaMark pen for years and I was amazed it still worked as I haven't used it in years!  It came out a little thicker than I really wanted so I'm not sure I'll do it again, but I tried it!  I taped the vellum to a piece of Basic White CS, cut it out with a stitched rectangle die, mounted that onto a gold foil stitched rectangle and adhered that to the front of the Mossy Meadow card blank.  

Using the SU! 'Wreath Builder' die set, I die cut a Mossy Meadow wreath and a gold foil wreath and glued them together.  I die cut and assembled the poinsettia flowers using Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler and gold foil CS.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut that using a shape from the 'Messages' die.  I popped up the wreath, flowers and the sentiment label.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink, stamped three poinsettias in Cherry Cobbler ink and used a blender pen to draw ink into the stamped images to add colour.  I coloured the centres with a gold gel pen.


Here's the envelope.  I used a larger poinsettia stamp to decorate the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Arrange a Wreath', Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' & Creative Expressions 'Shaded Poinsettia Additions' sets 
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Poppy Parade & Basic White, Gold Foil Sheet, vellum
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Mossy Meadow ink pads, Dark Cherry Cobbler & Dark Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends, VersaMark pen, gold gel pen
Tools: SU! 'Wreath Builder' die set, 'Messages' die, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set, small circle punch, SU! Blender Pen, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! gold embossing powder, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10