Saturday 7 August 2021

Rainbow Strips Flower Happy Birthday Card

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave shared a lovely card on her August 2nd 2021 YouTube video and I just had to CASE the card and make my own version!  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I die cut stitched rectangles from Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Fresh Freesia and Highland Heather  CS and stamped a floral image on each panel using VersaMark ink for a subtle tone on tone look.  I glued the rainbow strips to a panel of Basic White CS, added a stitched zig zag border using a die from the SU! 'Basic Borders' die set and glued that to a Basic Black card base.  I loved Dena's idea of stacking a number of fancy flower die cuts onto one of the solid flower die cuts, the dimension is fabulous!  I added die cut leaves as well and I popped an Opal Round gem in the centre of the flower.  The sentiment is heat embossed with white powder and cut with a fishtail flag die.  This card will likely be a RAK card sent to the U.S. so I didn't pop any element up - the flower has great dimension already!


Here's a closer look at the flower.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  I added die cut stitched rectangles as an address label element to go with the stamped floral images.


What a great card to make, I'm already planning a Christmas snowflake version in blue, aqua and purple rather than a rainbow colour scheme!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Shaded Summer' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Pale Papaya, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Polished Pink & Basic White (regular & thick)
Ink: VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black 
Tools: SU! 'Summer Shadows', 'Basic Borders' & 'Stitched Rectangle' die sets, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white embossing powder, Opal Rounds gem 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10