Thursday 19 August 2021

Snowflakes Merry Christmas Card

Recently I watched Kelly Acheson's Facebook Live Replay video dated 8th August 2021 where she demonstrates the baby wipe re-inker technique.  Kelly shows the technique at around the 35.40 mark on the video.  This technique has been around a very long time but I've never tried it.  After watching Kelly's video I decided I'd have a go and here's my card and envelope.


I used Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana and Highland Heather ink refills for my baby wipe palette.  Kelly talks about baby wipe quality in her video, I used what I had which was Wilko baby wipes and they worked.  I might experiment with a more expensive packet of wipes later on to see if there's a difference.  I made a Highland Heather card base and glued a panel of snowflake patterned paper cut out with a stitched rectangle die on top.  I die cut my multicoloured snowflake and popped that up on a stitched square die cut.  I glued the sentiment rectangle down and then popped up the Night of Navy square.  I added a rhinestone jewel to the snowflake centre to finish the front.


Here's a closer look at the snowflake.  It's fabulous to get a multicoloured image, what a great technique!  


Here's the inside of the card - I had to use the technique on the inside too!  I stamped the sentiment a few times on Basic White CS and die cut the one that came out darkest.  I will try darker colours next time I use the technique.  I felt that a pop of Night of Navy was needed so I stamped a snowflakes cluster a couple of times.


Here's the envelope.  I stamped a few snowflakes to start with on a piece of Basic White CS before I stamped my main snowflake image.  I punched a circle out of that white CS to decorate the envelope.  I've mounted the white circle onto a larger Night of Navy circle.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Snowflake Wishes' & 'Flurry of Wishes' sets
CS: SU! Highland Heather, Night of Navy & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy ink pad, Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana & Highland Heather ink refills 
Tools: SU! 'So Many Snowflakes', 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Stitched Shape' die sets, SU! circle punches, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stiched Nested Dies' set 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10