Monday 9 August 2021

Good Things Faux Tearing Technique Card

My hubby Owen has just received a cochlear implant and it's been a long wait for it to happen.  It's early days yet but everything looks really promising so far.  There's going to be a lot of rehab over the next few months and I thought Owen might appreciate an encouragement card.  I took the opportunity to ink up my SU! 'Enjoy the Moment' stamp set which I've had for a while.  I love the sketchy design style of the stamps and seed pods are great for masculine cards.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  The colour combo is Just Jade, Misty Moonlight and Soft Suede along with white.  I've CASEd a card from page 26 of the SU! 2021 - 2022 annual catalogue which features the Faux Tearing technique.  I changed a few details to make it my own card.  I tore two pieces of paper, taped them down over a panel of Basic White CS and added Just Jade and Soft Suede inks using blender brushes.  Keeping the paper taped in place, I stamped the images in Misty Moonlight ink.  After removing the paper mask pieces I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink.  I stamped the poppy seed heads on a separate piece of Basic White CS and fussy cut the image out.  I stamped it in Misty Moonlight first but wasn't happy with the way that looked so I tried it in Soft Suede ink and I liked that much better.  I added some linen thread tied in a knot and popped up the image.  As a final touch I added some spritzing using a Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker.


Here's the inside of the card with a strip of Just Jade patterned paper, some stamping and more spritzing.


Here's the envelope where I've used dies from the 'Tasteful Labels' die set to make a popped up name label.  I stamped the poppy seed heads in stamped off twice Misty Moonlight ink on the white label.  I added more Soft Suede ink spritzing too.   



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Enjoy the Moment' & 'Positive Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Soft Suede & Basic White, white copy paper for masking
Patterned paper: SU! In Color DSP pack
Ink: SU! Just Jade, MIsty Moonlight & Soft Suede ink pads, SU! Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker
Tools: SU! 'Tasteful Labels' die set, ink blender brushes 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! linen thread & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10