Sunday 15 August 2021

Two Heart Themed Gift Boxes

Yesterday Lesley and Wendy came over to make a set of Double Wonder Christmas cards like this set I'd made previously.  I like to give them both a little treat and I place the packaged gifts on the table so they see them as soon as they arrive.  I'd forgotten I had these SU! 'Love You Always' treat boxes in my stash and they were ideal!  They are great boxes, they're like matchboxes so there is a box and a sleeve that slides over the box.  They're a good size and there's no gluing needed to put them together so that's brilliant!  Here are both boxes together.


I placed the gift at the bottom of the box and covered it with some scrunched up tissue paper.  To decorate the sleeves I chose some bright, happy hearts paper from the SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP pack and made wraps  to go around the boxes.  I cut pieces of Granny Apple Green CS and wrapped those around the sleeves, folding around the boxes as I went rather than scoring before applying the CS to the boxes.  I taped the ends of the Granny Apple Green CS together and then cut narrower pieces of patterned paper and wrapped those around the boxes in the same way, taping the ends together.  The decorative sleeves can be slid off so Lesley and Wendy can re-use their boxes and redecorate them if they wish.

I stamped the 'love you, friend' sentiment (from the SU! 'Shaded Summer' set) in VersaMark on Bermuda Bay CS, heat embossed with white embossing powder and die cut two labels (using a die from the SU! 'Seasonal Labels' die set.)  I die cut two Real Red stitched hearts using a die from the long retired 'Trim Your Stocking' die set.  I cut strips of Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon, made zig zags and attached them to the boxes with double sided tape.  I popped up the labels and the hearts and added rhinestone jewels to finish.


Here's another view.  The boxes really are a good size!  Both ladies ordered the SU! 'Christmas Season' bundle and they used their stamps and dies to create their cards.  I thought the 'Gold Holly Leaves' embellishments that are part of the 'Painted Christmas' suite would be a perfect gift for them so that's what was inside the boxes!


Lesley and Wendy loved their gifts and we had such a happy day together crafting, chatting and laughing!  We're getting together again on Saturday 2nd October - World Card Making Day!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Shaded Summer' set 
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green & Real Red, 'Love You Always' Treat Boxes
Patterned paper: SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP pack
Ink: VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Labels' & 'Trim Your Stocking' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Granny Apple Green Textured Weave ribbon, white embossing powder, Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10