Friday 23 July 2021

Painted Christmas Double Wonder Cards

Yes, it's Christmas in July!  I thought I'd use the Double Wonder template to get a serious head start on my Christmas cards.  The Double Wonder template yields ten cards using two 12" x 6" sheets of patterned paper and three card layouts.  Please see the Double Wonder Template section on my Tutorials page for more details.  

As soon as I saw the 'Painted Christmas' suite in the SU! mini catalogue I loved it and I had to get the 'Christmas Season' stamp set, 'Seasonal Labels' die set and the 'Painted Christmas' patterned paper.  The paper is just beautiful and features hand painted images produced by SU! artists.  I made five pine cone cards and five holly cards.  Here are the five pine cone cards and envelopes.


Here are the five holly cards and envelopes.


Here are the card designs for template Layout #1.  I made two each of the designs.


Here are the card designs for template Layout #2.  Again, I made two each of the designs.


Here are both cards for template Layout #3 - just one card each of this design.


Here is how I stamped the insides of the cards for template Layout #1.


Here is how I stamped the insides of the cards for template Layout #2.


Here are the insides of both Layout #3 cards.


Here are the envelope designs.  I stamped all five of the holly card envelopes the same but stamped the pine cone card envelopes differently.


What a great feeling to have ten Christmas cards made and it spurred me on to make another ten cards using the Double Wonder template!  These cards were fairly time consuming as there was lots of stamping, die cutting and ink colours used.  For my next Christmas Double Wonder project I'm going to be simplifying and making the process faster!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Season', 'Arrange a Wreath' & 'Joyful Holly' sets, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Painted Christmas' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Soft Sea Foam, Soft Succulent & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Labels' & 'All Dressed Up' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 'Wonderful Gems' & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10